Lately, I’ve been really interested in acquiring classic clothing with unexpected details. Tassles, ruffles, pom poms, fur, embroidery, fringe — I want it all, on every piece of clothing I own. I want to dress my ears in baubles and rings and tassels that make me look like I belong at a gala, except I’m just going to World Market in cut-off jeans and a button down. I want a little velvet slip dress to throw on over a turtleneck and finish off with embroidered block heel booties. I’m digging granny-chic, pile-on-whatever-you-feel-like vibes. I want clothes with exquisite details that are so g-dang cool that I know, whatever I pair them with, I’ll look effortlessly stylish and yet, very much myself. OK, enough of that. Let’s look at some rad clothes shall we?
- Fringe earrings, Rosantica – Goes with anything really, but I’m thinking jeans, a plain white T and these earrings would look would be the perfect trio.
- Pom Pom trousers, Zara – I’m thinking mules and a button down or silky blouse would perfectly complement these pants.
- Bouclé-tweed mini skirt, Carven – I’d give my right hand for this skirt.
- Embroidered striped shirt, Zara – Talk about a staple piece… I’d wear this shirt… oh, just like every day probably.
- Drake’s “Midnight Unicorn” pants, J.Crew – Crying because my size is sold out, and also wondering how I lived this long without owning unicorn pants.
- Embroidered Turkish-inspired dress, Zara – A dress like this has been on my wish list for a long time. Glad that Zara is offering a relatively affordable option.
- Faux fur block-heel sandals, Zara – WHY is Zara so good right now?! I dare you to tell me I can’t wear these shoes with everything. Because I’ll prove you wrong.
- Faux snake print heels, ASOS – Truly don’t care if these look like shoes out of a wealthy older woman’s closet because, let’s be real, they look comfy AF.
- Cropped velvet wide-leg culottes, Anthropologie – Pair with a chunky cable knit turtleneck sweater, white sneakers and done.
- Suede black booties, Sam Edelman – Kind of a boring choice, but these are classics. Plus, my black boots from last year have just about had it.
- Ruffle-sleeve top, J.Crew – I’m really digging the simplicity and femininity of this top.
- Double-breasted blazer, H&M – An oversized houndstooth blazer FTW. Craving this right now.
What’s on your fall shopping list this year?