I had this super random craving for waffles for dinner last week. Seeing as I’m trying to eat healthier, and waffles are not exactly low-carb, I got on Pinterest and looked for some wheat-free options. Just my hope faded, lo and behold this Paleo Banana Nut Waffles recipe from Joyful Abode was hiding at the bottom of my “Breakfast” board.
These were incredibly easy to make, and I had almost all of the ingredients on hand. They were soft and chewy and just the right amount of sweet. I added some fresh blueberries before closing the waffle iron, because, well, why not?
Paleo Banana Nut Waffles
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 4 large eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Coconut oil
- Chopped pecans (I used blueberries instead!)
- Plug in/preheat your waffle iron.
- While that heats up, mix everything all ingredients together, except for the coconut oil and pecans.
- Once the waffle iron is warm, drop a little bit of coconut oil in each square (I did about 1/2 teaspoon) or use coconut oil spray – yes, they make that now!
- Drop a blob of batter into the center of each waffle-spot.
- Sprinkle some or all of them with chopped pecans (or blueberries.)
- Close the waffle iron, wait for the beep, then enjoy! I had some Agave Maple Syrup on the side but honestly, I ate a majority of them plain!